Working Hours: The working hours of the institute are 9 a.m. To 5.30 p.m. for five days a week. Visit to industrial and large scale catering and other establishments are arranged during the term.
1. Every Student must always carry his/her identity card which will be supplied by the Institute office on payment.
2. The students must not absent themselves from any Institute activity without the prior permission of the Principal.
3. The Institute may take disciplinary action against a student whose conduct is not satisfactory and the fees paid will be forfeited.
4. Smoking & Drinking is strictly prohibited in all areas of the Institute.
5. No student should communicate any information or write about matters dealing with Institute administration in the press.
6. Absence without leave is considered a breach of discipline.
7. The Institute authorities cannot accept any liability in respect of any accident caused to a student while engaged in practical work or due to any other causes.
8. Any change of address should be immediately notified for Institute’s records.
9. Matters not covered by the existing rules will rest at the absolute discretion of the institute.
Uniform: Uniform as prescribed for each discipline is compulsory for each student.
Medical Facilities: Working in the hotel industry demands not only a sound mind but a robust health also. To ensure that a student remains healthy all through his learning period, a qualified medical practitioner visits the Institute twice a week. The doctor is available at the hostels on the weekends too. In case of any sudden illness, he is always available on call. Standard First aid facility is also made available to the students in the practical labs.
Other Activities: Sports & Games, Food Fests, Cultural Programmes, Chef Contests (Inter & Intra Institutes) and social activities like Blood Donation Camps etc. are organized from time to time.
Fees: Fees are payable in advance. All fees are payable through online Banking facility, both digested & non digested (paid by auto generated e-chalan through Demand Draft), as available at the Institute’s website www.ihmkol.org
Attendance Rules & Regulations: A candidate must have attended not less than 70 per cent of classes in any individual subject theory or practical taken separately during the session last attended and minimum of 75 per cent of the aggregate (effective teaching hours /contact hours). Attendance in lectures, practical and tutorials shall be counted from the date of commencement of teaching after summer vacation. When on account of bonafide illness (supported by a Medical Certification from a Registered Medical Practitioner produced by the candidate at the time of illness immediately thereafter) or for any other reason deemed sufficient by the Head of the Institution the total attendance of a candidate falls short up to a maximum of 10 per cent of the total working days, the Head of the Institution shall be competent to condone such deficiency in attendance and permit such a candidate of appearing for the examination if otherwise eligible. Notwithstanding the forwarding of forms of applications for admission to examination and payment of examinations fees through the Head of the Institution and allocation of Examination Seat Numbers by the National Council, the Head of the Institution shall be competent to withdraw such applications in respect of those candidates who do not fulfil conditions laid down, at any time before the commencement of examination and to disallow those candidates from appearing for the examination.